What should I do after felony grand theft and obstruction giving a false statement charges? 2 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I stole some copper wire valued at $1,000. I gave a false statement to a police officer in regards to the theft , I haven't been charged yet but if I do would it be possible to get probation if this is my first felony for grand theft? In my background I have 3 felony drug cases and 1 misdemeanor theft.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
Your background is bad, to say the least. I assume you have been convicted for the 3 prior drug cases, and given probation. Also, you have the misdemeanor theft to deal with. You do not provide enough information regarding how the police have tied you into the theft, or even if the copper was recovered. I hope, if questioned, you invoke your fifth amendment right to remain silent, as any statement can be used against you in a court of law. Of course, you should have been advised of these rights before questioning began. Contact a good criminal lawyer before doing anything on your own.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: