What should I do after being hit by an uninsured driver? 1 Answers as of April 05, 2011

I was hit by an uninsured driver who was driving her deceased fathers truck with expired plates. I had liability insurance. Can I file a claim against her fathers estate, she is the personal representative, to be reimbursed for damages to my car? She has made no effort to contact me about paying for the damages.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
My take on this is that you will have to sue her directly and perhaps the father's insurance (if the car is still insured under him). Since her father is deceased, there is no "negligent intrustment" issue so suing him (via his estate) will probably be a dead end.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 4/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: