What should I do after being given a ticket for driving on a suspended license? 1 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I had ignition interlock device installed April 27, 2011; DUI from taking sleeping pills during a period of severe depression. I had been driving with it for about a month, when this past Sunday I got arrested thrown in handcuffs and taken to jail. I handed the officer all the device paperwork, told him I was following the rules, that I had been told all was well. Turns out, the state of Ks. says it didn't get installation paperwork from the installation company; the company says they have proof they faxed it. I'm stuck in the middle with the ticket. The officer didn't issue me any other citation, only driving on suspended license. Is it OK to look up someone's license plate if I was doing nothing else wrong? What are my options on this? Clearly, I was operating out of good faith, and had no reason to assume either the installer or the state of Ks. had screwed up. Thoughts?

This is a complex question that has multiple possibilities. You should consult with a attorney to explore all options to resolve this mess.