What should I do about a misappropriatition of funds? 1 Answers as of July 11, 2011

My representative payee has been taking all my money without my knowledge. I have statements and documentations of what I think she has done with my money. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Contact the police and file a report. She can be prosecuted for this activity. (If you do not want her to be prosecuted, then you can retain a civil lawyer to make a demand that she pay immediately. If she does not respond or does not pay, you can then file charges. You cannot threaten to file charges if she does not pay, though, because this could be seen to be a crime itself. A lawyer will be able to word the demand properly for you.)
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: