What should I do about a felony when applying for jobs? 7 Answers as of August 21, 2015

What should I do about a felony when applying for jobs?

Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If eligible, try to get it expunged. If you try, the process can take around 90 days.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
You should check and see if it can be reduced to a misdemeanor and dismissed pursuant to 17(b) and 1203.4.
You have to answer honestly any questions regarding arrests or convictions which are posed on an employment interview or during a oral interview. If you do not answer honestly you're subject to immediate dismissal. If you have a prayer felony I would suggest that you prepare an explanation to be presented either orally or in writing with your application as there are many people looking for jobs and criminal convictions are an easy way to eliminate some of the applications from consideration. A failure to disclose will most probably be proven to be false information on any reasonable background check. You could engage an attorney, explain the circumstances, and seek assistance in writing a letter of explanation.
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
There are a few felony convictions that are eligible for expungement (removal) from your criminal record after 20 years of good behavior. For example, a felony conviction for passing a bad check or fraudulent use of a credit/debit card. If your felony conviction is not eligible for expungement, your only option is a pardon from the governor (which is very rare). Your other option is to explain ahead of time to the potential employer, rather than having the employer find out about it after they run your criminal background check.
Felony conviction? Tell the truth.