What should a husband do if his wife abandons hims and takes their child? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2011

What do I do if a wife abandons her husband, took their child, changed her phone number, and took all of the furniture in the apartment as well? The husband has a 15 year old son living with him (not from marriage) but wife took their 10 month old child with her.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
The first thing to do is consult with a matrimonial attorney to ask the question directly and take action as soon as possible. You'll need to make an application for custody in Family or Supreme Court and seek a Divorce as well based upon abanonment or simply irreconcilable differences, which is evidenced by your wife leaving you. You have as much right to that child as she does and you may have even more right now that she's left you with the child and left no information about how you can visit with the child, etc. Speak to that attorney soon.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: