What should be my next move to enforce my rights as the father? 19 Answers as of December 18, 2012

I am in a transitional home, in the child custody papers it says that I am to get my two boys every Saturday from 12pm to 8pm. She is always late to drop them off, or like today, says that she has other plans with the boys. I have filed four police reports, what should be my next move to enforce my rights as the father.

Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Filing police reports will not solve the problem. You must file complaint with the court. Talk to Friend of Court.
File a motion for contempt and show the court how she is acting.
Return to court on a motion to enforce the visitation and in the meantime, enlist the police to provide standby to assist you on exercising visitation under your existing court orders.
DEHNADI & CONLEY, LLP
DEHNADI & CONLEY, LLP | Ted Conley
If she is not abiding by the court order, then you need to file for a "contempt of court" against her for violating it.
Law Office of Eric S. Lumberg | Eric S. Lumberg
Go to court on a motion to enforce the order. Consult with an attorney to discuss further.
    Motion to adjudge her in contempt and to enforce visitation orders.
    Your only real option is to go to court and move that she be held in contempt. I doubt that you would prevail on her being late; however, if you are supposed to have the boys on Saturday and she does not bring them, then that is presumably a violation of the court order. However, this advice is given on the basis that your order is as you say. If there is wiggle room, i.e. you have custody unless there is a school function, etc, then you probably don't have much recourse. Regardless, this is something that you would have to discuss with an attorney. He or she would need to see the order that is now in effect and get exact details of when the violations occurred.
    Petit & Dommershausen SC
    Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
    File a motion to enforce placement with the court. They will give you make up time.
    Your only real remedy is to file a motion in the court that issued what you call the "custody papers" to have the court find the mother in contempt. Contempt is the willful violation of a court order. Remedies for contempt could include increasing your visitation time or even changing residential custody.
    File a complaint with the friend of the court
    You could file an OSC in re Contempt for her violation of your court-ordered custodial time. Contempt proceedings are highly technical and Contempt is difficult to prove. You would best retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to advise and represent you in your Family Law matter.