What should be done if someone stops making agreed payments to a car? Posted on May 26, 2011

I let someone I knew take over my payments, because they wanted to buy my car but couldn’t get the loan in their name. I told them the remaining balance on the car, which was 5,000, and the bank also told them that. Regardless of how many payments there were he was told the balance. He agreed to still go through with it. Now after the payment book is gone. And saying because filed a couple skip payments with the bank where they tag it on at the end of the loan, that they should not have to make those payments. I advised them that they were told the remaining balance and still wanted to go through with it. And but they are telling me I have to make the 5 payments they weren’t aware of. My theory is all the payments that need to be made add up to the remaining balance, which is what they heard and agreed to even if it isn’t in writing. Am I in the wrong?