What should be done if my minor son is being accused of home invasion 2nd degree? 2 Answers as of June 23, 2017

My son is being accused of stealing money that’s missing from a safe in a friend’s home. There are approximately 6kids involved. It’s said that while in the home, my child and his friend stole some of over $20,000 that was in the safe. His friend returned to the home later to keep getting money and giving it out to friends.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
James Sterling Lawrence, Attorney at Law | James Sterling Lawrence
Get a criminal defense attorney right away. Do not allow him to be questioned without the attorney present (and even then probably not). If he ends up fighting the case, he does not want to make statements that could be used against him. It is not always easy to predict what might be used against him; any statement he makes that can be proved false is a real problem. If he ends up making a deal, he might confess as part of the deal, but not before. His options will depend in part on his age, and the attitude of the prosecutor. If the evidence against him is strong, he might want a deal to HYTA (Holmes Youthful Trainee Act), that voids a conviction after completion of the program.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/23/2017
Klisz Law Office, PLLC
Klisz Law Office, PLLC | Timothy J. Klisz
Do not speak to the police at all and hire local defense counsel asap. Obviously very serious charges.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/23/2017
Click to View More Answers: