What should be done if I have been arrested for domestic violent and battery? 2 Answers as of December 20, 2016

My boyfriend and I were discussing and he provoked me to punch in his face. After he physically harassed me, he told me to punch in his face and provoke me so bad to do it. Unfortunately, I didn't think what his intentions were and I punch in his face. He called the police after the incident and the police didn't give me the opportunity to defend myself at the moment. They took me to jail right away for one night. Now I need to go court because I am not guilty. I just defend myself and I am afraid to keep a domestic abuse in my record. My boyfriend is so regretful for calling the police that night. He wanted removed the charges because he knew what he did was wrong. What we can do to either both of us we don't be in trouble? We love each other and he never thought the police will take me to jail. He doesn't want to be in trouble if he didn't show up to court trial as well.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
You need a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 12/20/2016
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Defending against domestic violence charges is complex & frustrating . Your boyfriend cannot drop the charges. But it is sometimes possible to enter into a plea bargain that results in the charges being dropped after you do counseling, if you decide to handle it that way. You should hire a lawyer experienced in defending domestic violence charges in order to get the best result.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 12/20/2016
Click to View More Answers: