What shall I do if I bonded out on a felony case and I was suppose to go to court but I forgot my court date? 20 Answers as of November 25, 2012

My bail bond was supposed to get in contact with me but I changed my number due to harassment issues. I’m trying to stay out of jail, what shall I do?

Retain an attorney, who can get the court date rescheduled.
Get your lawyer and go to court immediately.? Appearing voluntarily is the best way to stay out of jail.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
If you are out on a bond you are supposed to know your court dates and tell your bondsman and lawyer if you change your address or phone number. You should call your lawyer and surrender on the bench warrant as soon as possible or the judge will revoke your bail. It is time to make better decisions and be more responsible since there is a heavy price to pay for getting a criminal record or jumping bail.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Law Office of John Schum, LLC
Law Office of John Schum, LLC | John Schum
Thank you for contacting my office for answers to your questions. Please understand that my responses are general in nature and the law often focuses on specific facts. Before making any legal decisions, you should go over all the facts and specific circumstances of your situation with a lawyer. Additionally, my responses do not create an attorney-client relationship. Your comments to me are confidential and I cannot repeat them. However, I am not representing you on this matter, unless we later establish a formal attorney-client relationship. Now to provide a response to your question. You should contact your attorney and if you don't have one, you need to retain one immediately. I could likely keep your bail from being forfeited and you thrown in jail but this needs to happen immediately. I hope this helps you sort your legal situation out.
Answer Applies to: Hawaii
    Shane Law Office
    Shane Law Office | Robert J. Shane
    A bench warrant has probably already been issued for your arrest by the Judge for failure to make your court appearance. You should contact your attorney who will advise you to turn yourself in as soon as possible at the jail. You will appear before a judge in the morning and your attorney should be present to explain to the judge why you missed your court date and to request that your bond be reinstated. Good luck.
    Hire a lawyer to go to court with you and beg for mercy, otherwise you're going straight to jail.
    Langford Law Firm
    Langford Law Firm | Theresa Langford
    Hire a lawyer immediately, today. Your bond is about to be revoked, and you are subject to arrest on the new charge of FTA. You need a lawyer immediately to try to undo the damage.
    Go to court and schedule a new date. You should also contact the bondsman. He may want a fee to continue the bond [reinstate]. Bondsman can probably arrange appearance date.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Get an attorney to file a motion to quash the warrant.
    Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
    Gonzalez Law Associates P.C. | Carlos Gonzalez
    You should turn yourself in. But not before you contact your attorney to see if a warrant was even issued... If you've paid for bond you may also want to hire an attorney as opposed to a public defender, as you would likely get much better treatment, results and accessibility... Generally, depending on the amount of bail you can even arrange a deal with an attorney to work and collect their frees from your bail.
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
    File a motion in court and explain.
    You should contact the court to find out when ?the date is. if you already missed there might be a warrant so you need to vacate the warrant and get another court date. You should hire an attorney.
    You need to contact your attorney or hire an attorney to get you back into court.
    Contact the court. Contact your attorney. Contact your bondsman. Find out how to get the warrant quashed.
    Law Office of Eric S. Lumberg | Eric S. Lumberg
    If you failed to appear for a court date, it is likely that the Judge issued a bench warrant for your arrest. The longer you wait to resolve this, the more likely jail will occur. The best thing to do is to arrange with an attorney to get the bench warrant resolved by going to court and proceeding with your case.
    Deaver & Deaver, PLLC | Benjamin W. Deaver
    You need to contact an attorney to make arraignments to have your order for arrest either served on you or stricken.