What sentence does a Class A misdemeanor carry? 4 Answers as of October 04, 2012

I was arrested yesterday morning for a Class A misdemeanor for endangering the welfare of a child. I have never been in any legal trouble and I was R.O.R yesterday afternoon.

The maximum jail sentence for a class A misdemeanor is one year. However most misdemeanor cases are disposed of by a plea bargain , and usual for no or very little jail time. You should hire an attorney.
Austin Law Associates PC
Austin Law Associates PC | Stuart Austin
An a misdemeanor carries a maximum sentence of one year. However most cases result in a reduced plea.
Lutwin & Lutwin, LLP | Joel M. Lutwin
That would be 1 year.
In New York a class A misdemeanor can get probation or a split sentence of jail and probation. You can also get straight jail up to a year or a Conditional Discharge with community service, counseling, a fine or all of those terms. If you hurt a child you are more likely to get jail, but on a first offense you will get a Disorderly Conduct violation and a fine or surcharge.