What rights will a domestic partner have to estate property? Posted on April 19, 2011

I have a partner of 6 years who lives with me in my home. About 3 years ago, I learned he had poor credit & liens on his property. Since that time he has paid off 2 liens, and I added him to my credit , in hopes to rebuild his finances. It was successful. His property is commercial, mine is residential. He gets rental income from his property and together we maintain the property, taxes, my home, SUV, utilities, groceries etc. We share the obligations 50/50. I also have him insured thru my company with Medical/Dental and had to fill out a "domestic partner" form for him to have insurance. Now, he doesn’t seem to have an interest in marriage. That’s ok, however I am older and have an out dated will and have one son. I have a life insurance policy for my partner and I will make some concessions for him in the will also. However, here is my question on a "domestic partner level" can he come back and change things or ask to file a claim on to my property or anything that I bequeath to a family member?