What rights to I have to my grandparents will? 2 Answers as of January 18, 2011

My grandparents raised me because my dad killed my mom when I was two. They died in 08 and 09. They had guardianship of me. And when they died the family gave me nothing. I am living in the house that I grew up in and I have to pay rent to them. The house and everything is still in my grandparents names. All they want is the money. I do too but I want to have my share also. And the house that they don't want. I took care of my grandparents when I was young until they died. I loved them and they always said I was to be part of the will when they died. I was just wondering what I could do.

Harris Law Firm, pc
Harris Law Firm, pc | Robert Harris
You should talk to an attorney in person. If your grandparents left wills, they should have been probated, and if they left anything to you you should get it. If they didn't leave wills, then you should still be entitled to a share of the estate. It would be whatever share your parent would have inherited from them. You should be entitled to your fair share.