What rights does my landlords family have if she is in the hospital? Posted on August 03, 2011

In Feb. 2010 my wife and I rented a home in Spring Valley, Ohio. Our lease was up in Feb. of 2011 but we continued with a month to month verbal agreement with our landlord. We fell on hardtimes plus I am applying for SSI but our landlord was gracious enough to work with us and told us she had NO INTENTIONS of ending our agreement. Last month she(our landlord) suffered a brain anurism and was admitted to the hospital but she is apparently doing ok. On Aug.1st her grandson showed up at our door refused any money and handed us a letter saying we were in breach of contract and told us we had 7 days to get out. By the way this letter does not have any of the REQUIRED wording by Ohio Law.I confronted him and let him know our agreement was with his grandmother and not him. He said that did not matter and that she(our landlord) was not aware of this action and does not want us to visit her and cause undue stress to her. Besides the letter not being legal shouldn't I have been shown some sort of Power of Attorny to prove he is in control of this issue for her? Plus if We can prove some sort of discriminatory action against us do we have the right to sue him for his actions on the grounds of mental anguish or something in that area? Personally I do not believe that he has this right or at least it has notproven to me legaly.