What rights do I have to my deceased fathers belongings? 4 Answers as of July 04, 2013

If a judgement as been placed on my deceased father what rights do I have to his personal belongings?

The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
It depends on if the belongings are items that would have any value. If they do not have any value (or very little), I highly doubt the creditor would object to you taking them. If there are items with some value, you would have the right to purchase the belongings from the estate for their fair value.
Majors Law Firm, P.C.
Majors Law Firm, P.C. | M. Jason Majors
The creditor who has a judgment against your father (or his estate) would typically have to file a claim against his Estate. If no claim or right has been asserted by the creditor against his estate, then you as a potential beneficiary may be entitled to receive all or part of your father's personal belongings. That said, there are a lot of issues that would need to be looked into before a formal determination could be made as to your rights to your father's belongings, and I would advise that you consult an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Wyoming
I'd need more details to answer, but creditors come ahead of heirs, which may answer your question. See a lawyer to determine what inheritance rights you actually have.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Without know what his assets were and they type of judgement, wether he had a will, if he was married and several other things, it is impossible to let you know an answer to your question