What rights do I have as far as the home that I lived in with my boyfriend after he passed? 4 Answers as of October 28, 2016

I have lived in for 5 years with my boyfriend. He was the sole owner and there is no will. Probate just started approximately 1 week ago.

Probably none, but in a creditor claim for half the value property increased in value the last 5 yrs; you will probably have to follow up with a lawsuit in probate court to enforce your claim; must be filed within a year, not after. Get yourself a probate litigation lawyer.
You have no right of inheritance. You may be able to make a claim against the estate [it has to be probated in order for the house title to be changed] for any sums of money you put into the maintenance of the house, but that may be difficult. As you can see, a contract of marriage is much more than the piece of paper many men claim it to be.
Unfortunately, since you were neither married nor a blood relative you have no standing in probate.
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc.
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc. | William F. Bernard
When unmarried couples live together for a while, it is likely that they accumulate a good amount of property. In this case, it is in each person's best interest to write out a property agreement that spells out who owns what and how the property will be distributed should the couple separate. This is especially important if a couple acquires real estate together. On the other hand, this agreement is probably not necessary for couples who have only lived together a short time and do not have much property. Without an agreement, you could face expensive and time consuming legal battles, defending your property rights. This trouble can be saved by each party entering an agreement they both consent to, while the relationship is sound. However, if you own the house as "joint tenants with right of survivor-ship," when one of you dies, the other automatically inherits the entire house. If you own the house as "tenants in common," when one of you dies that person's share of the house goes to whomever he or she names in a will or trust. If the deceased person does not have a will or trust, his or her portion of the house will go to blood relatives according to state law.