What responsibilities do I have as an immigration co-sponsor? 3 Answers as of April 20, 2011

Is a co-sponsor for an I-129F visa responsible for my fiance or her 13 year old son's medical bills should they get hurt?

I would have to say that you probably should have thought of that before agreeing to make your fiance your wife. You have to marry her within 90 days of arrival in the country, and yes, as she adjusts status (term for applying for the green card), you have a responsibility to ensure her support for up to 10 years. If you want to discuss that in a consultation, feel free to call or e-mail to schedule it.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Yes, the co-sponsor will be responsible for your fiancee's medical bills unless you, the main sponsor, pay these bills. It is very important that neither of them are on any sort of public assistance.

You would do well to marry her as soon as possible and find appropriate health insurance for her. Have you asked at your employment? Sometimes, the states have low-cost health insurance programs available.
I recommend that you read the legal form instructions carefully as they actually do give a fair sense of your liability. Generally you can be liable for any federal or state means tested benefits that they use.