What recourse does my husband have to make harassment from ex wife stop? 13 Answers as of February 06, 2013

My husband’s child support ends in August and his ex is threatening to go to his job and try to have him fired the moment his support for her ends. She is very vindictive and has had our electricity turned off and just crazy things. They have been divorced for 8 years and I have only known him for 2 yrs and we are newly married. She makes our lives hell. What recourse does my husband have to make her stop this? He works for a very prestigious company and while he would not get fired, her actions would be embarrassing.

The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier
The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier | Seth D. Schraier
If he has been harassed or threatened by his ex wife, then he may want to file for an order of protection to stop her from further direct contact. This can be done through the Family Court and would help give your husband the ability to have her arrested if she continued the contact and harassment.
Cantin Lawyers PC | John Morris
Dealing with a vindictive ex is very difficult. A restraining order may be a possibility. You should speak to lawyer as there are not simple answers to this.
Kalil & Eisenhut, LLC | Michael N. Kalil
The only real relief is to contact your local police department and file a complaint.
He can file for a personal protection order, see an attorney and get it in place.
Fran Brochstein
Fran Brochstein | Fran Brochstein
He needs to talk to his supervisor and/or Human Resources Department at work. He cannot stop her from contacting his employer. He needs to explain the situation in a calm, mature way. Then his employer will be prepared if and when she calls. I've had this happen a couple of times & I've had both employers be very understanding when it happened. She can make allegations but if the allegations are untrue then he is safe.
    LAW OFFICE OF ANNE B. HOWARD | Anne B. Howard
    Talk to an attorney about filing for a restraining order against her.
    Well sounds like he may not be telling you everything also, if your electric was turned off the only way that could have been done was if it was in her name in the first place, but on the other issue he can seek a Restraining Order, if he has enough evidence to prove the harassment, evidence is what you can actually prove in court, not he said, she said allegations, or my friend Doug's wife heard, evidence is tapped recorded conversations, pictures that actually show something happening, credible witnesses.
    He can file a restraining order.
    Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
    Get a restraining order and/or call the police and report it.
    The best thing to do is to contact an attorney and see about getting a protective order or an injunction against her. You and your husband will have to go into great detail regarding all of the things that she has done. What you think is significant may not be legally, just as what you think is insignificant may in fact be legally important.
    Your husband needs a really smart and aggressive attorney.