What recourse do we have if a vendor overcharged us? Posted on June 21, 2011

I am part of a non-profit who held an event last week. One of our vendors couldn't deliver what they had previously sent us an invoice for, so he said he would adjust it. Payment was due upon delivery (day of the event), however, when the delivery people came to setup they had the old invoice amount and would not start unless we gave them payment. We had no choice but to pay the wrong amount. The vendor quickly cashed our check and has not returned any phone calls or emails. What is our recourse to get the money back that we were charged in error? He also charged us sales tax which he shouldn't have because we are tax exempt.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: