What recourse do I have as the landlord to show the property before the current tenant departs? 7 Answers as of August 08, 2013

I am the owner and landlord of a property that has a current tenant who is departing the property at the end of the month. In the mean time, I have a potential tenant who wishes to see the property. The current tenant has repeatedly ignored my messages to communicate with them to establish a time of convenience when potential tenants may see the property.

Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
If you give the required notice and the tenant refuses, there is not much you can do but start an eviction, which will not be necessary if the tenant vacates on time.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
You have the right to provide the tenant notice to enter, and the tenant must not unreasonably refuse you access to show the unit according to RCW 59.18.150. "[T]he landlord shall give the tenant at least two days' written notice of his or her intent to enter and shall enter only at reasonable times. The notice must state the exact time and date or dates of entry or specify a period of time during that date or dates in which the entry will occur, in which case the notice must specify the earliest and latest possible times of entry. The notice must also specify the telephone number to which the tenant may communicate any objection or request to reschedule the entry. The tenant shall not unreasonably withhold consent to the landlord to enter the dwelling unit at a specified time where the landlord has given at least one day's notice of intent to enter to exhibit the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers or tenants. A landlord shall not unreasonably interfere with a tenant's enjoyment of the rented dwelling unit by excessively exhibiting the dwelling unit."
If you have the right to enter the premises under your lease, you tell the tenant that you will be there at a specific time with the prospective tenant. It is not your tenant's obligation to show the property, it is yours.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
You have to follow what the lease says as far as your rights in that situation.
MatthewR. Schutz, Esq | Matthew R. Schutz
Generally speaking you have the right to show the apartment on reasonable notice typically 24 hours. The tenant is not required nor can he required to be present.
    Depends on your lease.
    Stuart P Gelberg
    Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
    Do you have a written lease that specifies your rights? Write to the tenant and document your efforts to contact them and then set a date and time and tell them you will enter even if they are not home. Threaten them with the security deposit.