What qualities should I look for in an Alabama criminal defense lawyer? 4 Answers as of April 20, 2011

What qualities should I look for in an Alabama criminal defense lawyer? What are the best things to look for?

I feel the most important thing you should look for in a criminal defense attorney is his interest in your case and his interest in you as a person and helping you through your difficult time.
Eversole Law, LLC
Eversole Law, LLC | Steven Eversole
Very good question. Put simply, you need a very aggressive attorney who focuses their practice on criminal defense. You also need someone not afraid of trial and who handles numerous similar cases every year. They need to be active in the criminal defense bar, and need to be familiar with the DA and judges in your case.

A good attorney is also reachable at any time and promptly returns phone calls. If you can't reach them for a consultation, you need to worry about how you can reach them during the defense of your case or when difficult questions arise. Did you speak with the attorney when you called, or was it a paralegal or legal assistant? You need someone you feel comfortable with and who is respectful of you, your family and situation. The attorney you hire does make a difference in your case. Always hire an attorney to represent your interests in court. Never speak with the authorities without an attorney present.

I treat every Alabama Criminal case as if I were the one charged. I focus my practice on criminal defense and I am also available to talk with my clients 24/7. I am well known as a very aggressive criminal attorney not afraid of trial. I am the first Criminal Attorney in Alabama to publish a criminal blog. If you have questions please feel free to give me a call. You can also review my website and my Alabama Criminal Defense Blog.
Honesty. Look for someone who tells you like it is in your case. Also look for experience with the prosecutor. You normally want someone who deals with cases in that county regularly. If they can't answer your questions, look somewhere else. I also like someone who is willing to talk to you on the phone before you hire them.
Reputation for successfully litigating and settling cases. Stay well.