What punishment can I expect for prescription fraud? 5 Answers as of August 02, 2013

Hi, I am a registered nurse who is being charged with prescription forgery. Basically using a doctors pad to write scripts for myself and in other peoples names. Before I knew I was caught I had already completed rehab and was starting to rebuild my life. I have no previous of any kind. What punishment can I expect?

Well probably losing your license and being put on probation anyway.
12 months in jail, followed by 4-5 years on probation.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
You will get probation.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
In most cases of a 1st offense, your lawyer should be able to keep your sentence to probation and may be able to avoid a conviction. This answer applies to Massachusetts charges only. If you are in or charged by another state disregard this answer.
Instead of worrying about the punishment, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Fraud is a crime of moral turpitude. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.