What proof do you need to get money from a court assisted estate? 1 Answers as of November 11, 2011

My mother died and now my Grandfather (her dad) is saying that she owes him $12000 in loans starting back in 1987 and all he has are checks to her and from her. I just need to know if that's enough for him to win. Being that it's his word against a dead woman's word.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Martin Barnes - Attorney at Law
Martin Barnes - Attorney at Law | Martin Barnes
Your grandfather has a right to assert a claim against the estate of your mother, however you are correct in your assertion that he must provide evidence that his claim is a legitimate one. Previous decisions in similar cases provide precedent for the types of evidence that are considered sufficient and acceptable proof of a debt. These same court decisions also help establish the types that are not sufficient and not acceptable as proof. I encourage you to seek the advice of an attorney that your trust to help you understand and protect your interests.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 11/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: