What is the processing time for I-130? 8 Answers as of January 13, 2013

I had applied I-130 from my son (married) in July 2007. I am a US citizen. I have not heard anything from them. I have called USCIS but they cannot provide the time. Thank you.

Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Family petitions by US citizens for married sons/daughters is in the 3rd preference family category and the current processing time is about 10 years (longer for citizens from certain countries). The projection is petitions in this category if filed Apr. 2007 will become current within the next five years or on by 2017. I write separately and note my concerns because, you also said you never heard anything from them. You should have received a Notice of Action or receipt notice from CIS several years ago stating that CIS actually received your petition and that it is pending. If you did not receive anything (as occasionally happens), you need to speak to an immigration lawyer to help you confirm the status of your case if any).
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC | Alan R. Diamante
Since this category can take years to process, it is not a priority to adjudicate.
SwagatUSA, LLC
SwagatUSA, LLC | Dhenu Savla
You should keep checking the visa bulletin for your son's country. Contact an attorney if you need help learning how to check this.
Law Offices of Yasmin Kayiran
Law Offices of Yasmin Kayiran | Yasmin Kayiran
Can you provide the country of citizenship of your son and give an exact filing date? The Department of State's Visa Bulletin is updated each month and should give you an idea about how long much longer it will take to process your son's application.
The processing time for your son's I-130 will depend upon which service center the petition was filed. The California Service Center processes the petitions in approximately 30 months. The Texas Service Center processes such petitions in about 7 months. The Vermont Service Center processes such petition in approximately 1 year.
    Acosta & Fraga Law, P.L.L.C.
    Acosta & Fraga Law, P.L.L.C. | Gina M. Fraga
    You can find this information in the Department of State's website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html The processing time mainly depends on the country and numerical limitations. Basically, it will depend on how many petitions were filed during previous years and whether visa numbers are still available. The current visa wait time for your category could either be 5 years or 13 years (depends on the country). We provide our clients with periodical updates on the priority dates and most importantly remind them to keep their addresses up to date with the Service. Once there is a visa number available, they will be informing you via mail.
    For most of the countries in the world (except for Mexico and the Philippines, which have even longer processing times), the current visa processing date is June 2002. That means that the NVC is currently processing petitions that were filed with USCIS around that date. If you filed in 2007, it will be about another 5 years before they get to it, given the current processing times, assuming your son is not from Mexico or the Philippines, in which case it will be much longer.
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    Check the visa bulletin - http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html.