What is the processing time for green card paperwork? 4 Answers as of May 24, 2011

Since September 2006 my husband filed for my papers, he is a green card holder. In March 2010 it was approved but I haven't heard or gotten anything else since that. Could you say why you think it is taking so long?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
If you want to fast track your case, then your husband needs to apply for his US naturalization.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/24/2011
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Where are you at the moment, in or out of the U.S.? The application is current. If you are in the U.S. you have to be here legally or otherwise legible for adjustment if status. You husband should apply for citizenship. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/24/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I could not say why it is taking so long, you have not given enough information, but I can tell you it sounds fishy. If your visa petition was filed in 2006, then your priority date is some time in 2006. Visa petitions don't take 4 years to be approved. The state department is now processing applications in your category F2A for those who filed on or before August 22, 2007. It looks like you should have had your immigrant visa some time ago, unless you are in a country that is severely backlogged . . . but even so. I don't understand the March 2010 date. More information is needed for that to be explained. Consult competent counsel to look into this at least for your own peace of mind. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/20/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
It takes many years to be able to file for an actual green card through a USC husband. That is because there is a quota where they only allow a certain amount of people to file each year. Go to my website and click on visa bulletin. Open the most recent bulletin and scroll to the family chart. Find your box. When your I-130 filing date shows up there, you can file for your green card.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: