What is the process that we would take if my fiancé has a newly expired work visa and we want to get married as soon as possible? 2 Answers as of April 16, 2015

I have done the research online but it seems like I am seeing so many different answers.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I think you need a lawyer to help you with this. Please get one.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/16/2015
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Doing research on the internet can be useful to help a person become aware of immigration-related legal issues, but it is no substitute for getting legal analysis and advice from an immigration attorney. Generally, a U.S. citizen who marries a fiance who entered the country lawfully and with inspection, but who then overstayed a visa, will be able to successfully complete an Adjustment of Status application process for the foreign national spouse in the Immediate Relative visa category. It would be wise for you and your fiance to engage an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant facts, will be able to advise about eligibilities, options and strategies and to provide legal representation in the application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/16/2015
Click to View More Answers: