What is the process Sealing and Expungement of a class 2 felony? 3 Answers as of May 23, 2011

I have a class 2 felony on my record for theft of $23,000 from my employer then, which I was convicted for in 2009 December. I currently am in the final 6 months of my 2-year probation and have no other convictions on my record. I graduated from college and it has been tough to find any employment or go further in school. I would like to know: is there any possibility of getting this mark on my record sealed or expunged.

Certainly, you cannot get the conviction expunged from your record. You probably cannot get the conviction sealed, as this was a class 2 felony during the period of your probation, and need to see the Clerk of the Circuit Court where your case arose, for further information if you qualify for a seal, and the procedure you must follow for having it sealed.
Law Offices of Steven R. Decker
Law Offices of Steven R. Decker | Steven Decker
A class 2 felony can not be expunged or sealed in Illinois. There would be relief for you if it was a misdemeanor but the felony unfortunately leaves you with very few options.