What is process of going through a forced partition? 1 Answers as of July 15, 2015

My grandmother, my sister, and I are all owners and the deed states my sister and I have rights of survivorship. My grandmother has granted my aunt power of attorney (although my grandmother already had Alzheimer's before that happened, so latest was obviously a fraud and illegal, but that's a different story) and she's reluctant to giving me my portion of the house and my sister is just a figure head controlled by my aunt. I do not live there, I live somewhere else, yet they expect me to pay for utilities and other things like insurance. I've contributed once to paying the taxes and that was in 2013. What can I do or what would happen? Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
You can file a petition to partition in the circuit court where the property is located. This will cause a forced sale and the profits will be divided equally amongst the deed's owners. I suggest though you hire an attorney that deals in real estate.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/15/2015
Click to View More Answers: