What is the process for reinstating my license? 3 Answers as of December 29, 2011

I was recently charged with minor in possession of alcohol and buying alcohol with a fake id. I just received a notice saying my license will be suspended for 6 months starting soon. I was never aware this would happen. I am going to start school and it's necessary that I have my license to attend. I scheduled a hearing to reinstate my license but it will take up to 30 days to schedule one.

Myles A. Schneider & Associates
Myles A. Schneider & Associates | Myles Albert Schneider
You can obtain a work/school permit until your reinstatement and/or you can fight the revocation at the hearing. However, if you are ultimately found guilty or plead guilty the revocation will remain in effect or, if you win at the hearing, the revocation will be reinstated.
Orent Law Offices, PLC
Orent Law Offices, PLC | Craig Orent
You need to contact an attorney directly to discuss this matter. It's unclear from your question whether you already have been to court or not. That makes a big difference in terms of the outcome. And unfortunately the requests for MVD hearings, despite the requirement that they be set within 30 days of the request, are not being set for 90 or more days out.
Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
If you have a hearing scheduled with MVD then that usually puts a hold on the suspension until the hearing is held. Also, ask about a restricted license to go to just work/school/doctors etc while you are at the hearing.