What is the process for becoming a US resident if I have a tourist visa? 2 Answers as of July 01, 2011

I came to the US with a tourist visa in 2002. They stated that I had approved stay for 6 months; I am now 21 and have completed high school and wanted to further my education. What is the process in becoming a US resident according to my status?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Either marry a U.S. citizen or consular process.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/1/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
It does not sound like you are eligible. First you would need to become a green card holder, and then a USC. You need to do a full consult with a competent immigration attorney to determine if you have any options, based on the facts of your case, that would allow sponsorship via work, family or self sponsorship.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: