What is the procedure for my wife and me to get our green cards? 4 Answers as of June 07, 2011

My wife and I want to apply for green cards. We are both employed and have TN visas. What is the cost and procedure? Living and working in US for 10 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
For TN visa holders, the permanent residence process for employment based green cards includes 3 steps: (1) permanent labor certification (PERM) here, your (or any) employer must be will to sponsor you for a position in their firm. This will hae to be a position that no USC or LPR is willing or able to do; (2) the I-140 visa petition for immigrant worker to the USCIS once the US Dpt of Labor has concluded that your employment in the US will not depress the wage market and certifies your PERM; and (3) adjustment of status from TN to Green Card or Legal Permanent Resident in the US or getting an immigrant visa at a U.S. consulate. This can take a few years depending on the type of immigration employment benefit and the availability of visas at the time. Different attorney will price their services differently. I will recommend that you plan on setting aside about $15,000 per person all inclusive. This will provide you with a solid estimate that you will be able to revise up or down. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
You will need to have a US business petition for your permanent residence, going through the labor certification process. Most TN's qualify under the EB-3 employment-based preference classification as professionals. Attached is information about the labor certification process for a TN to get a green card. Please contact me to discuss the details of your case. Thank you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Please review my step by step articles on the employment based green card process at my website.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
It depends upon a number of factors, mostly pertaining to your education level and employment. Speak with an attorney. For a free consultation you may contact my office.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: