What problems will my brother face if he wants to immigrate to the United States? 5 Answers as of July 29, 2011

My brother is going to immigrate into US on a family-based petition. Would it be possible for him to visit his home country after immigration? Will he face any problems coming back into US?

If he becomes a permanent resident, there is not limitation to his travelling back and forth.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
If he is immigrating and getting a green card he can travel as he wishes so long as he does not remain outside the U.S. for more than 180 days. If he is getting asylum he cannot go back to that country.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
If he becomes a permanent resident, he can travel outside of US for short period of time. If he stays outside of US for more than 6 months, it may affect his citizenship application in the future. Staying out for more than 1 year may affect his permanent residency.
After he immigrates to the US, he will be a US permanent resident, and he is free to visit any country in the world.
No, Once he has a green card.