What problems can arise if an illegal immigrant uses a social security card? 3 Answers as of February 27, 2011

What happens if an immigrant uses an SS card with their name but not their number? They have been working and now would like to file a tax return. They are married to a US citizen and have a case pending with INS. They would like to try and get a PIN number from IRS to be able to file the tax return but the W2 has the SS number on it. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The short answer is that your friend, though married to a U.S. citizen, may be ineligible for using a social security card with fraudulent means. It usually will disqualify them, through use of document fraud to obtain a benefit, which is permission to work.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Its a crime.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 2/27/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Sorry, the last thing you should have done is to misrepresent yourself. Once it is done, it is moral turpitude and it cannot be undone. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: