What possible way can we do to expedite our immigration petition? 4 Answers as of April 20, 2011

We have submitted our DS-230 form at NVC last Aug 2010 and have paid the amount required. one of my son included in the petition will be turning 21 yrs old this June 25, 2011 we're under f4-category and our priority date is Sept 1989. Can our son go with us in the USA once our visa bulletin become current even though his over 21 years old? What possible way can we do to expedite our petition since we have already paid the amount asked for each member included in the petition? We're still waiting for our schedule for our interview.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Whether your son will be protected under the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) depends on many factors, including how long the petition was pending from the date it was filed until it was approved, his age when it was approved, his age when the Priority Date becomes current, and if you sought an immigrant visa within the one year time period to preserve CSPA protection. You need to seek a consultation with an immigration attorney familiar with CSPA to determine if he will be protected and if he is protected, to ensure he does not lose it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/20/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Write to them several times in Cd. Juarez and request expedited service in a very conspicuous way, for example: write in large red letters on top of all the pages of your letter or applications the following words: AGE OUT 6/25/2011 PLEASE EXPEDITE. These words should have been on any paperwork you submitted to them . . . water under the bridge now. But write several letters w/ certified & return receipt service so you can track it. Do not despair though, the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) should normally protect your child's minor status but I have had cases go either way on that. But my reading of the CSPA strongly suggests that he should be protected. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/19/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
You need to contact the National Visa Center directly and INFORM them that your child is turning 21 years of age. It may be that he is safe no matter what under the Child Status Protection Act, but you should act to expedite the process by contacting NVC.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 4/19/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You should contact the consulate stating your son is about to turn 21years, in hopes they will expedite.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: