What is the possible fastest way I can bring my daughter in the US? 6 Answers as of January 26, 2011

I am a U.S. citizen and I want to know what is the fastest possible way I can bring my daughter in U.S. When we came to the U.S. almost ten years ago she was left behind for the reason that she's already above twenty. She didn't get married but she's a single mom.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Fastest way may be some type of nonimmigrant visa. I would be happy to consult with you on the various options once I know your daughter's educational and work experience background and of what country she is a citizen.

You can petition for her to obtain a green card but she will be subject to the quota system as a preference applicant. Her category is FB-1 (unmarried child of a USC over 21) There are three stages to the case - 1) I-130 filed with USCIS office; 2) approved I-130 is sent to national Visa Center which collects money and forms for the Department of State consular offices. 3) Case is shipped for interview and medical Right now there are only visas for cases which were on file prior to January 1, 2005 (or other date depending on her country of birth) so even if step 1 is approved and the case is shipped to NVC it will be held there until your Priority Date is current. Priority Date is established by the date the I-130 is received by USCIS. Until there is a visa nothing will move forward on her case. You should file for citizenship at your soonest opportunity as then her case would be upgraded to immediate relative.

If we can assist in the processing of her case, please contact me as indicated below for fees, procedures, and timing.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/26/2011
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
Have you ever petitioned for her? If not you should and wait until there's a visa available for her.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/21/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
For you personally, there is no fast way to bring your unmarried daughter over age 21. I sincerely hope that you filed a petition for her ten years ago otherwise she is just now getting into line that is about ten years. There may be other ways for her to come in, such as through study or work, but I can't tell from your post.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/18/2011
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Based on your question it's apparent that your daughter is over 21. Question then is ten years ago or since that time did you file anything for her. If not the fastest way for you to get her is to explore the possibility of her getting a her an employment based visa or possibly a student visa. However, if you had filed a petition on her behalf depending on when it was filed would determine how quickly she would be able to migrate to the US.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/17/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
File an 1-130 in her behalf for lawful permanent residency (green card) based upon family unification.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: