What is the possibility of me going to prison if I was charged with possession? 4 Answers as of June 07, 2012

i was charged with possession of cocaine near a housing project and sale of cocaine with less than 1 miligrams. what is the possibility of me going to prison

H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
I think you mean less than one gram. Even a misdemeanor carries a potential jail sentence of up to a year. The likelihood of you serving time depends on a lot of factors, such as whether you have prior convictions and the willingness of the prosecutor to offer a plea bargain.
Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
Possession of cocaine is a 2 to 15 sentence. That sentence can be serve in prison or on probation. The judge will decide how the sentence will be carried out depending on several factors including your record.
Depends on your record, and any other intel the police have on your selling activities.
Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
There is certainly the possibility of going to prison with a sale charge. It depends on where you are charged and what judge you get.