What is a persons child support obligation after being incarcerated? Posted on May 22, 2011

My children's father/ex-husband had a child support obligation of $250.00 per week at the time of his incarceration for murder. (I turned him in) Within a few years he motioned the court to suspend his obligation to avoid contempt charges the suspension was granted. He has not paid any child support since his arrest in June of 1999. He was obligated by the order to resume payment upon his release. He was released late 2009 and has not sent a payment. For this I realize he is in contempt. My question is what is his obligation to me concerning all the child support I would have received if he was never incarcerated and can I have that portion which was suspended calculated and established as arrears without contempt.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: