What is the personal injury statute of limitations on wrongful death in Virginia? 1 Answers as of January 17, 2011

Is there a statue of limitations on wrongful death in Virginia? In 1994 I had a baby that died at birth. I was, they said, 27-29 weeks pregnant when he was born prematurely and with a birth defect. At my 16 week ultrasound it showed fetal stomach and bladder were not identified, I didn't find this out until after his birth and had to get the records myself I was never told anything about this . What can I do?

Wilson & Hajek,LLC, a personal injury law firm
Wilson & Hajek,LLC, a personal injury law firm | Francis Hajek
Your question about wrongful death is very complicated. There is always a statute of limitations and the trick is finding out which one applies and if there are any exceptions. The standard two year limitations period for injury cases may or may not apply depending on the facts of your case. There may also be defenses unrelated to the statute of limitations that affect the case. You should consult n experienced injury attorney at once.