What is a pending warrant? 9 Answers as of August 04, 2011

I’ve been on probation four 2 years now. I am supposed to get of probation on June 17 but I haven’t had any contact with my probation officer for 6 months now. I am more then positive I have a pending warrant but don’t know what that is. I’m wondering if you think I will get off when I’m supposed to. When I turn 18 will the warrant follow me?

Of course. If you are violating your probation it is in revoked status and it will not terminate on schedule. Contact your probation officer or go through an attorney to clear up the unnecessary mess you have apparently created for yourself.
Pending means active. Warrants do not disappear, they follow you until cleared. You need a lawyer. We charge $500 to clear a Juvie warrant.
Warrants are forever. Pending probably means there is one out there with your name on it. For you to handle a warrant, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a plea bargain on the warrant and new Failure to Appear charges, and renegotiate any outstanding charges. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. That will happen if you come in contact with law enforcement or customs anywhere in the US. Effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail/prison, or at least dramatically reduce it, and may enable you to get your probation and programs reinstated. If this is a felony, the defendant must be personally present at every court hearing and appearance. If this is a misdemeanor, the attorney can appear in court without the defendant being present, and any plea bargain deal could be handled by notarized paperwork. Any fines could be paid by mail. Jail time, if any, would create an obvious problem requiring the defendants presence. While this isn't a 'capital case', you certainly face potential jail and fines, so handle it right. Unless you're competent to effectively represent yourself in court against a professional prosecutor trying to put you in jail, most people hire an attorney who can. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
If there is a warrant out, you will probably be arrested at some time. See your attorney and correct the problem. Warrants do not know birthdays, it will be good.
Whether you have your probation ended on June 17 or not depends on what the warrant is for. You need to know why you have a warrant. An attorney can help you with that.
    Contact your probation officer as soon as you can. Yes it can follow you even after you are 18.
    The English Law Firm
    The English Law Firm | Robert English
    A warrant would follow you when you are 18. You need to contact your probation officer.
    If there is a warrant outstanding, probation is stayed, and it will not end as originally scheduled.
    The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
    The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
    If by pending warrant you mean active warrant, that means there is a warrant for your arrest. The reason for the warrant is unknown but, if you are on probation, it is most likely for not doing something you were ordered to do. Also, as for probation, when a warrant is issued, it tolls (pauses) the period of probation for as long as the warrant is still active. Thus, if your probation is supposed to expire on June 17, it won't actually do so for the amount of time the warrant has been in the system. In any case, you should absolutely figure out the status of your probation and if there is a warrant for your arrest. If you were represented by an attorney, I would contact that attorney to help you. Otherwise, you should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to help you through this situation. Good luck.