What is the penalty for falsifying information on discharge paperwork? 10 Answers as of July 11, 2013

What is the penalty for falsifying information on discharge paperwork, under the Uniform Code of Military Justice?

Anytime false information is provided to the government, whether under the UCMJ or under the Federal Criminal Code, it is likely a felony offense.The government could do anything from taking no action to charging you under the UCMJ or indicting you in federal court and going forward with a prosecution. It really depends on the nature of the false information provided. There are so many things that go into determining appropriate punishment for such an offense that it is impossible for me to detail exactly what could happen to you.
Your question should be directed to a JAG officer. I hope that this was helpful.
Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
It depends on the jurisdiction.
That would depend on more information such as what information was falsified and was any benefit obtained from the falsification etc. you should hire an attorney. ise your answer will not be valid.
Military laws are different than state laws. You should consult with an attorney experienced in Military Laws.
    Pontrello Law
    Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
    Can't answer that that's military law.
    You will be appointed a military attorney who will let you know the possible sentences for any offense you are charged with.
    Uncommon question. That would take some research for specifics, but in general it is going to some variant of criminal fraud and perjury. If you are claiming false info by the military that damages you after discharge, then we can talk about how you intend to prove that. If you are charged with filing false info TO the military, they will be happy to tell you the charges and consequences. In that is the case, feel free to contact me for the legal defense youll need.
    Frances R. Johnson
    Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
    I'm sorry, but I am not versed on the Uniform Code of Military Justice, so I don't know. If you google "attorney military code" and include your city, you should be able to find an attorney in your area who you can call and ask this question of.
    All I can tell you is thanks for your service and refrain from discussing this with any military personnel. Try searching the internet for civilian attorneys who practice military law.