What patent type do I need for jeans? 3 Answers as of February 24, 2011

What patent type do I need for jeans? And how can I find a patent attorney to help me?

Michael M. Ahmadshahi
Michael M. Ahmadshahi | Michael M. Ahmadshahi, Ph.D., Esq.
You can either file a utility or a design patent application, depending on whether the invention resides in the process of making the jeans or how it looks. To find a patent attorney or patent agent, you can either use an online search engine, such a s Google or the USPTO website's database under roster of patent agents/attorneys at www.uspto.gov.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
It all depends on what your new invention entails. Is it functional or structural - if so you need a utility patent. If it is just a new design ornamentation then you need a design patent. If you need help contact my office.
DANIEL NESBITT | Hasse & Nesbitt
The two possible types of patents are design patents and utility patents. The type you need can depend on the nature of your invention. You have just found at least one patent attorney. There are many good patent attorneys to choose from.