What paperwork is involved in a restraining order? 6 Answers as of June 14, 2011

What papers under a restraining order need to be sent to be served? Are they the short and will they have my story in it?

Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
There are standardized court forms. For more information, please see my website or call me for a legal consultation.
You can get the entire package of documents at the court, with an instruction sheet. Yes, your story has to be in it to justify your request and convince the judge to issue it. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
Komanapalli Massey LLP
Komanapalli Massey LLP | Mark A. Massey, Esq.
If you go down to the Superior Court in your area, the court facilitator, ombudsman, or the like can tell you what forms to fill out, file and serve.It is not that difficult, but it does require you to have someone other than you serve the papers you file on the person to be restrained. The Sheriff's office serves for a fee. And, you will be required to make at least two appearances in court, one on an ex parte (short notice) basis to get a TRO, and one to get the permanent restraining order.
Law Offices of George Woodworth & Associates
Law Offices of George Woodworth & Associates | George Woodworth
The paperwork necessary to file for Restraining Orders is quite concise and to the point. If you fill out the forms yourself you must state sufficient facts to justify the Judge's conclusion that you need orders to protect you from someone else. You must know that person's name & address to have the Sheriff serve Orders & Notice of Court hearing. You must appear at Hearing tell the Judge the same story as in your papers & answer all the Judge's questions about these Orders will protect you from further injury or harassment. If you need an Attorney's help, seek an Attorney experienced with the local Court to save yourself time & money in doing this procedure correctly & efficiently.
Bird & Van Dyke, Inc.
Bird & Van Dyke, Inc. | Mary Ann Bird
Civil restraining orders can be obtained by first filling out the forms available online through the Judicial Council website. Once completed, file and serve. If your request for a temporary order is granted, you will have orders in place protecting the status quo until the time for the hearing on whether permanent restraining orders will be granted. The process itself can be time consuming but necessary if you need the protections. Good luck.