What paperwork do we need to marry a foreigner? 2 Answers as of May 04, 2011

My daughter has been dating a Turkish man for three years now. While he is here working this summer they plan to marry. He will arrive end of June and Marry beginning of August. How should we go about doing the paperwork for marriage? How soon after the wedding should he apply for a green card.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
They can go get married just like anyone else at the Marriage Office in your county and go from there. Their immigration paperwork can be filed the day after they receive their marriage certificate assuming they have everything else ready. Forms I-130;I-485; I-765; I-864; G-325A; I-693; will need to be filed with supporting documentation. If this is important to your daughjter, consult an attorney and they can save you a lot of headaches. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/4/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
They can begin the process as soon as they are married. Among the documents they will need are proof of your daughter's U.S. Citizenship, her husband's birth certificate (translated); their marriage certificate, proof of legal termination of any previous marriages, his passport and I-94. Once married your daughter can petition him and he can file for adjustment of status. If approved he will be granted Conditional Permanent Residence.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: