What paperwork do we need to complete before we can get married? 4 Answers as of November 30, 2011

My girlfriend liives in the Philippines and we want to get married. Is there a waiting period after we get married or can she come home with me after we are married? I want to go there & marry her.

You can go there and marry her and then return and petition for her as your spouse or you can petition for her as your fiance. That way she will be able to come to the US and you can marry here and then apply for her green card on the basis of marriage to a US citizen. Either way, the process will be about 9-12 months.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
The process takes anywhere from 6 to 12 months to bring a spouse from the Philippines. There is no other visa that will allow her to come to the US before that time.
It would be faster if you file for fiance visa.
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC
Law Offices of Alan R. Diamante, APLC | Alan R. Diamante
If you marry her there, she must wait until the consular process is complete or a visa is approved. It can take a year or more.