What paperwork do I need to move into the child custody of my other parent? Posted on August 07, 2011

My mother and father got a divorce 14 years ago. I have lived with my mother the whole time and I want to move in with my father. But the divorce papers say that we would have to go to court. I’m trying to figure out how to make it happen faster and I’m not sure how. I’m 16 and in 32 day I will be 17. My mother is in the military and is gone a lot so I have to stay with family and I just want to be able to stay home for more than a month without having to pack and stay with a family member until she comes home and me and my mother fight a lot. The police have only been involved once but that was because I walked out to get space and cool down than go back. So I was just wondering how fast can I get into court for this and what kind of paper work do I need to get there?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: