What options do we have if we have been fighting with this permanent protection order for years and the courts refuse to help us? 1 Answers as of September 01, 2017

There's a protection order placed on me and my wife when we were 17 and 18 years old by her mother who works at the court house. She went and put in motions years ago. Now, we're 21 and 20 years old. I got arrested for walking with her after being profiled and pulled over by police officers. I chose to fight it but now I’m not sure.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
The question is a bit unclear to me but it sounds like a permanent protection order was entered, protection the mother from being contacted by you. If it is that the protection order bars you from contacting your wife, then that is a different story. There are very specific things that have to be filed to try to get a protection order dismissed and it can only be done every 2 years. You will need a lawyer if you want to try to get rid of the protection order, or you can look at the statute 13-14-108.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/1/2017
Click to View More Answers: