What options do I have with a possession charge if I did not know I possessed it? 1 Answers as of July 06, 2011

I was at the bar one night and had been drinking. Past a certain point, I had blacked out and remember nothing of the evening. Before blacking out, I had neither possessed the marijuana nor had any knowledge of any at the time. I had blacked out for a period of approximately 90 minutes. In that time, I had been approached by the police over another matter and arrested for possession of marijuana and public intoxication after a finding of marijuana on my person. No tests were done for BAC. And I have no knowledge of ever possessing marijuana at any point throughout the night. What defensible options do I have?

Laguzzi Law, P.C.
Laguzzi Law, P.C. | Carina Laguzzi
Hire an experienced defense attorney and discuss it with them. If you do not have the funds for a private attorney, go to your local public defender's office to see if you qualify for their services. For possession, you need to "knowingly" possess it but prepare to ask the following: why would someone put marijuana on your person? How did the police find it? Where was it? Why were you stopped? You may have a great motion to suppress.