What options do I have with my chapter 13 if I'm behind 2 or more payments? 10 Answers as of March 04, 2016

Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
You can: 1. Catch up on the payments. 2. Stop paying. The trustee will have the case dismissed. 3. Make a motion to amend the plan and change your payments. You should be speaking with your attorney about this. Bankruptcy is not a do it yourself project. If you have a lawyer talk to them! If you don't, go see a knowledgeable local bankruptcy attorney for advice.
I would suggest that you meet face to face with either the lawyer who filed your CH13, or another experienced BK lawyer. For example, if you came to me, I would download all relevant schedules from the Bankruptcy Court so we could cover all your options. Of course, I would charge you for one hour of my time. I don't think anyone here will flush out all of your options without first reviewing your BK schedules (it's almost malpractice).
D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law | D.J. Rausa
Try to make them up as soon as you can before the Trustee files a Motion to Dismiss your case.
File a motion to modify. You can under certain circumstances lower the payment, excuse payments, extend the plan (but not over 60 months), or add the shortage to upcoming payments.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
If you cannot catch up you could amend your plan.
    The Salas Firm
    The Salas Firm | Ron Salas
    Contact the trustee immediately and make an arrangement to get current.
    Would not dare advise on the facts presented except to advise you to make up the payments to avoid a dismissal, at least until you have conferred with an attorney on the details.
    Not many options. Chapter 13 was supposed to be your LAST CHANCE to resolve a particular problem. If you cannot catch up, you could attempt to submit a modified plan or look at converting to Chapter 7. Otherwise, the busy Chapter 13 trustee has no time to work with you or to listen to excuses or explanations of why you cannot pay. You either pay or you get thrown out of the program.
    First things first: you need to retain an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. It's almost always worth it. You can convert to a chapter 7. You can voluntarily dismiss your Ch. 13. You can file an Amended Plan, accompanied by Amended schedules of income and expenditures. All of these potential options carry some risks, which our lawyer can explain to you. Good Luck.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    Try to modify your payments. There may be a way to lower future payments, you need to speak to your attorney.