What options do I have if the spousal support from the divorce settlement was set aside? 1 Answers as of February 17, 2017

In 2005, my wife of 18 years asked for divorce. The main point of my inquiry regards spousal support. The issue of spousal support was as my attorney stated would be set aside in the final judgment and would be addressed at a later date. The judgment was filed in superior court on 01/05/2007. I recently became aware of the ability to seek spousal support based upon the support jurisdiction being unresolved or set aside. I would like assistance in contacting an attorney that would help me file a petition for support I am entitled to. I have lived close to the poverty level for many years while being disabled. My ex-spouse abandoned her family when I became disabled, unable to work while taking total responsibility for my children. I had the complete burden of raising a family on a small income. I hoped to sell my home of 20 years but lost it in foreclosure. While much time has passed, I am desperately hoping to find a lawyer to get the financial compensation from a dead beat spouse who has enjoyed complete freedom, years of financial success from her highly compensated corporate executive position.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
Clearly, your situation demands the attention of an experienced family law attorney in an office consultation. You should meet with an attorney and bring with you any and all pleadings associated with this case to get the proper legal advice.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: